PinIt

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Garden Therapy

Life is full of stress! I believe your stress threshold and coping mechanism help shape your life...less stress, the happier you are. It's not to say you can't be happy, and have a stressful life, you just need to find a way to channel your stress...

I rarely get stressed...but I typically deal with stress by diving into books to escape reality. Which I've done now...I'm hooked on the Mortal Instruments series! However the stresses of work are more than usual right now, and on top of that my Mom is very sick. So I've found another, more productive, de stressor...Garden Therapy!

Before, gardening was just gardening. Now, its something I look forward to, as opposed to it being a chore. I'm not sure what it is, but something about digging in the dirt and smelling the fresh earth, is calming and relaxing. Not to mention the physical exertion needed to pull weeds, squash bugs, prune plants, and retrieve the bounty....are all great activities that just melt away the stress! I always feel very calm, relaxed, and renewed after having been in the garden. 

How do you cope with stress? 

-Live Simple, Be Happy-
Magnolia Holler

1 comment: