PinIt

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Magnolia Holler, part 3 - Cherries Galore

Our first Spring at Magnolia Holler we found a wild sour cherry tree. Now, I didn't think much of it, except for its beautiful blossoms.
I was so wrong! Our neighbor has a sour cherry tree and she had me on a ladder up in the tree picking cherries. Not knowing exactly what to do with sour cherries, I Googled it. I found a recipe for 'Sour Cherry Cake'.

Ok, if you're a rhubarb custard fan (as my husband is), then you'll enjoy the sweet and tartness of the sour cherry cake. I found it delicious and thought my husband would too, however while the taste was to his liking, the texture was not - it was a cake after all, not a custard pie.

I can't wait to harvest our cherries this year and make the cake again. Maybe I'll also try making it into a custard pie too!

What do y'all do with sour cherries?
This was shared at the Old Time Party!

-Live Simple, Be Happy-

Magnolia Holler

1 comment:

  1. We have no cherry trees. I'm pretty sure that they would be picked clean by all the birds. Hmmm...do they even eat sour cherries? LOL! The cake does sound wonderful, though. Thank you kindly for boot scootin’ on over to the Old Time Party!
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete